This Week It’s All About The Holiday Baking And Tying Up The Loose Ends Before Christmas! We Have A Few Family Favorites In The Christmas And Holiday Candy Departments, And This Old Fashioned Divinity Candy Recipe Is One Of Them.
Prep Time 5 minutter
Kogetid 15 minutter
Total tid 20 minutter
Kalorier 31 kcal
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 kop vand
- 2 each egg whites
- 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and the water. Cook and stir constantly until boiling. Clip the candy thermometer to the pan and without stirring over medium heat, bring the temperature up to 260°F (hard bold stage). This will take approximately ten minutes.
- When the candy is nearly to the hard bold stage, begin the next step. In a large mixing bowl, attached to an electric freestanding mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually, in a slow steady stream, pour in the hot mixture, beating on high the entire time. This should take about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in your Vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat on high speed for approximately 6-10 minutes, until the candy starts to lose it’s glossy finish. When the beaters are lifted, the mixture should mound on itself, and not flatten. You can test it by dropping a spoonful onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. If it stays mounded, the mixture has been beaten sufficiently. If it begins to flatten, continue beating and check again after a minute or so.
- Once it’s properly beaten, fold in chopped pecans and spoon (I use a heaping tablespoon) onto your parchment paper lined baking sheets. Allow about an hour or two to set. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.